Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Today's The Day

The day has finally come... Registering for Marriage.

After 2 fittings of the gown for my dear and cracking heads over what colours the tie should I wear, it has finally come down to this.

By 11.00am, my dear has made her way down to the bridal shop in her dad's car to get her makeup and hair done. I left my place with my family at about 1pm.

By 1.25pm, the entourage were at the carpark just next to ROM. My dear was putting the final touches of her makeup before stepping out of her dad's car. Then, an uncle of mine surprsed us by showing up in his motorcycle. He had actually taken 1/2 day off to attend my solemnisation.

We made our way to the ROM building. Talk about today being the 10th October 2006, it was crowded. The whole podium were filled with couples and their entourages.

My dear and I proceeded to register and make a declaration before the solemnisation. Then, it was off to take some pictures before we await for our turn outside the solemnisation room.

At about 2.15pm, our names were flashed on the big LCD screen outside the room. So, began the usual process of the registrar asking for confirmation that we are entering marriage of our own free will, exchange of the rings, declare our undying love to each other before the big kiss.... hehe

It was all over in about 10mins. Both of us were rather surprised that we didnt have to say much.

By 2.35pm, we took our fair share of pictures near ROM building. By then, most of us were perspiring even though there was not much of sun shine and kinda hazy due to the return of the 'indonesia haze'.

It was off to the bridal shop for my dear to return her gown. The families went for dessert a few shops away before we left our separate ways.

Tomorrow, we will be off for a 4-day-3-night getaway to Pahang, Malaysia...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jansey said...

oh my gosh!! u r a married man now!!

haha, wat r u expectin to say in the rm wif d registrar? ur life story? :p but i oso waited for a long time, den sign the papers jus 10min, abit bo hua hor? haha

quite a bad timin to com to Msia, the haze is so bad here, did u stay in the rm 4D3N? or got chance for some outdoor activities?

4:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home